Well, it's been a LONG time in planning, but the day is finally here!!! We leave tomorrow for our adventure in Greece! DH and I will explore Athens and the islands of Paros, Santorini, Mykonos and Crete for 2 whole weeks!!! I'll even be driving us around Crete in a rental car! I'll be walking on the terrain that St Paul walked on...It just seems all too unreal and I'm anxious to get this journey started!
I've gotten a journal and emptied my camera of all other pix. So, I will share when we come back...Last year, we had gone to Niagara Falls...our first adult vacation since our honeymoon 25 years ago. I had made a scrapbook...my first ever, and will make another to treasure the memories of this trip too...
My DF had died this spring and my mother has commented so many times how grateful that she has the memories of all their trips to France, Mexico and the like...My DH and I have raised 4 wonderful children and had wonderful kid-friendly vacations with them. It's our turn now!!!!
So, stay well and happy everyone! I won't check back in before September 24th...
Antio!!! (means "good-bye" in Greek)

5 comments:
Hi Margaret,
Today is the 10th, so just missed wishing you Bon Voyage, so here I yell into the void....Have a good trip Margaret! Will be thinking of you and wishing you the most memorable time. Guess tonite, you are spending your first night in Greece...having wine and goodies. I wish you well. Have a wonderful time.
Lynda
Margaret, hope you are having a wonderful time! Would you bring me back some baklava? lol
Hi Margi,
You photo comment reminded me of a wonderful album a collegue of mine created after her 3 weeks in Greece this summer.
She used www.kodakgallery.com.
A great hard cover book, printed with her best pics (and some captions). A true keepsake, and I got the sense not outrageously expense (e.g. <$100).
More than just having prints made, but worth it in my opinion for such a beautiful keepsake.
I hope the trip was all you dreamed.
xoxo
Cynthia
Hi Margaret,
I hope you are having the trip of a lifetime -- and the first of many more.
I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and sharing your memories.
Joanne
Hi Margaret,
I hope you are having the trip of a lifetime -- and the first of many more.
I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and sharing your memories.
Joanne
Post a Comment