Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Challenge...




You may ask, what's my challenge right now?????? How about being so tired when I go to bed from all the great activities that I'm doing, but trying to find a position in bed that creates the least amount of pain! This trainer pushes my body to new limits and I guess my body responds with various aches and pains ALL OVER....ok, the tip of my nose doesn't hurt...but if I fall off that BOSU ball, the nose may be injured! Ha-ha...Even taking ibuprofen an hour before bed hasn't given the total relief that it usually does...But what I do have out of this is so much energy and clarity of mind that the pain becomes secondary.


Last night, the trainer took my measurements that she will use to track. I must get a set of my own and will do that in the next couple of days to compare since I do mine a bit differently and have been tracking for a couple of years. I spoke to my DT friends about the feelings of self-consciousness that come on me when confronting the numbers of measurements and weights with other people. It shouldn't bother me so much, but it presents the truth in unshaded light. In my head, I've always felt that my weight didn't show as much until I would see a picture of myself. Then, the truth would be presented and I couldn't deny it! But I also said to my friends that I hope people won't judge me by the weight that I am and look at my insides as well...I got through it, even though it was in the training room that has glass walls! So, now I look to change those numbers by exerting all my energy into this training...


Was going to take a day off from workouts but decided to take my 2 little quick-walks during my breaks at work. It's been awfully hot and humid here in WI and I needed them to sustain the energy throughout the day...


Will take DD2 to the doctor for a checkup and have a treat planned afterwards. It's my first one in 1 1/2 weeks. I'm curious to note if the lack of craving will continue...It will be a telling exercise...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret! Just wanted to say hi!

Margaret2007 said...

Thanks for stopping in Shari! I'm always glad to meet new people.

I'll pop over and check your blog out in a bit!

juli gets happy said...

Hey Margaret,

my goodness, ;-), you are really training hard! A completely hurting body. Congratulations for piutting so much effort into your personal program.

I hope the treat was exceptionally nice,

keep up the good work.

Juli

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Margaret! You'd better come visit more often! We DO have a lot in common!

dougal said...

Hey Margaret, well done girl, pushing hard is good, just not all the time. Isn't it cool to have a trainer. If you have a good one, it's the best thing you can do.